Getting Things Neat Inside iPhone
Give your iPhone a spring cleaning mood: remove cache and unneeded apps, reset the RAM memory and update the software. Here's how to get your iPhone running faster than ever.
#1. Delete the Safari cache
Definitely, such cleaning will free up space on your iPhone. However, it means that you are automatically logged out from every website that you logged in before:
Go to Settings > Safari.
Scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data.
Tap Clear History and Data.
#2. Delete unneeded apps
Actually, tips for cleaning Mac and iPhone are almost the same. Just imagine how many apps you download daily, and about 50% of them are stored on iPhone without your attention. Make a full revision of the apps, just by sorting by those that you use every day and those that you tried once when downloaded.
#3. Free up iPhone memory
Try to close the apps that run in the background. Sometimes you may not notice that 10 or more apps are running in the background, while your memory is full.
Press the Home button twice to view all apps that are running in the background.
Drag the opened apps to the top of the screen and make sure that they disappear.
When only the Home screen remains on the screen, press the Home button.
#4. Reset the RAM of your iPhone
You can do this by turning it off and turning it back on:
Hold down the Sleep/Wake button until "slide to power off" appears.
Slide the power off switch and turn off the iPhone.
Wait until it has fully powered down, and then press the Sleep/Wake button to turn on the iPhone.
#5. Update the iOS
If a message says that an update is available, tap Install Now. You can also follow these steps:
- Plug your device in to power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS will reinstall apps that it removed. If you tap Cancel.
- To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your iOS device in to power before you go to sleep. Overnight, your device will update automatically.
- If asked, enter your passcode.