Top questionsMacKeeper Activation MacKeeper Payment Smart Uninstaller Duplicates Finder Memory Cleaner Find & Fix MacKeeper Antivirus MacKeeper Adware Cleaner MacKeeper Account Settings How to Fix “Mac Startup Disk Full” How to remove MacKeeper ads System requirements Safe Cleanup MacKeeper refund VPN Private Connect MacKeeper StopAd Track My Mac MacKeeper StopAd Technology ID Theft Guard MacKeeper Data Encryptor Upgrade to the new MacKeeper Go back to an earlier version of MacKeeper MacKeeper Update Tracker Login Items Full Disk Access and Why MacKeeper Needs It
Upgrade to the new MacKeeper
- Before you upgrade
- How to upgrade to the new MacKeeper with Google Chrome
- How to upgrade to the new MacKeeper with Safari
The new MacKeeper features a performance optimization overhaul and brand new tools to help you protect your digital privacy and security with cutting-edge technology. These new tools and improvements will not only help you keep your Mac safe, but they will also help you monitor and protect your online privacy.
Before you upgrade
1. Make sure your MacKeeper license is valid
If you are logged in to MacKeeper with a valid license, you will receive an update notification that you can click from inside the app to be automatically upgraded to the newest version. If you do not have a valid license for MacKeeper, you will be shown a special offer in the MacKeeper app to upgrade with a license.
If you did not receive any notifications, there could be several reasons for this, but you may still be able to upgrade. Please keep following this tutorial to learn how to install the newest version of MacKeeper.
2. System requirements for the new MacKeeper
This MacKeeper update will work on macOS version 10.9 or later. The hardware specs required for MacKeeper can be found in the online manual. The update to the newest version of MacKeeper is completely free. Current MacKeeper customers with a valid license will have access to all of the new features in the new version of MacKeeper.
3. Check for files encrypted with Data Encryptor
Before upgrading, it is important that you check to see if you have any files encrypted using the Data Encryptor feature. These files must be decrypted because Data Encryptor is not included in the newest version of MacKeeper.
Please note, you will not see the upgrade notification if you have encrypted files or if you have backups in the backup plugin. Neither the Encryptor feature nor the Backup feature are supported in the new MacKeeper, but your files remain accessible in the previous versions of MacKeeper. If you did not see the MacKeeper upgrade notification and you are unsure if you have encrypted any files or if you would like more information on how to decrypt files, please see our Data Encryptor tutorial in the Help Center.
If you have decrypted your encrypted files and you’re ready to upgrade to the newest version of MacKeeper, you can upgrade by going to the MacKeeper website and downloading MacKeeper, or you can keep reading. We’ll explain how to do this in more detail.
How to upgrade to the new MacKeeper with Google Chrome
- Step 1. In the Google Chrome browser, go to the official MacKeeper website.
- Step 2. Click on the blue Download button to download the latest version of MacKeeper—you will see the MacKeeper installation file appear in the bottom left of the screen as a download.
- Step 3. Then double-click on the MacKeeper.pkg or MacKeeper.dmg file in the center of the MacKeeper Installer screen to start the installation process.
- Step 4. Click on the Continue button in the bottom right-hand corner of the MacKeeper Installer screen to continue with the installation.
- Step 5. Click on the Install button in the bottom right-hand corner of the Install MacKeeper screen to install MacKeeper.
- Step 6. Enter your password and then click on the Install Software button to authorize the installation.
- Step 7. Click on the Close button to close the Install MacKeeper screen and complete the installation.
- Step 8. When prompted to move the MacKeeper Installer to the Trash, click on the Move to Trash button.
How to upgrade to the new MacKeeper with Safari
- Step 1. In the Safari browser, go to the official MacKeeper website.
- Step 2. Click on the blue Download button to download the latest version of MacKeeper—you will find the download in the top-right corner of the screen after clicking the Downloads icon with the '↓' symbol.
- Step 3. Alternatively, you can find the download in the Downloads folder in the Dock, located in the bottom corner of the screen. Click on the Downloads folder in the Dock, and you will see the MacKeeper.pkg or MacKeeper.dmg file.
- Step 4. Double-click on the MacKeeper.pkg or MacKeeper.dmg file to open it.
- Step 5. Click on the Continue button in the Install MacKeeper screen.
- Step 6. Then click on the Install button in the Install MacKeeper screen.
- Step 7. Enter your password, and click the Install Software button.
- Step 8. Click on the Close button to close the Install MacKeeper screen.
- Step 9. Click on the Move to Trash button to move the MacKeeper Installer to the Trash.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated to the newest version of MacKeeper. For more information about what is in the new MacKeeper, please check out our introduction to the all-new MacKeeper on our blog.
If you have any questions about installation, please see the most popular questions about MacKeeper installation on our frequently asked questions in the Knowledge Base. Alternatively, you can contact MacKeeper support using your country’s phone number listed on the support section of our website.