Effective Date: May 11, 2018
- using the Company’s products and services,
- visiting the http://mackeeper.com website,
- visiting any other linked pages or application services offered by the Company.
Your California Privacy Rights
We make these disclosures to those visiting our website who reside in California which supersede and replace any conflicting disclosures found elsewhere on our website.
Opt-Out of Disclosure for Direct Marketing Purposes. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to learn the identities of entities that received their Personal Information for marketing purposes and the categories of information disclosed. You may request such information by contacting us by e-mail addressed to email@example.com. Please reference California Privacy Rights in your subject line. You may also write to us at:
United Arab Emirates
L1204, The Lofts
Dubai Media City
ATTN: Privacy Officer.
Please be aware that this opt-out does not prohibit our disclosure of Personal Information for any purpose other than direct marketing. The information we collect and share may include your name, address, email address, and telephone number.
Automatic Gathering of Information. We collect information that you provide to us online, and through websites of unaffiliated third parties.
Automatic Gathering of Information by Third Parties. When you visit our website, third parties can collect Personally Identifiable Information about your online activities over time and across different websites pertaining to your visit to or use of our and other websites.
Do-Not-Track Requests. California residents visiting our website may request that we not automatically gather and track information pertaining to their online browsing movements across the Internet. Such requests are typically made through Web browser settings that control signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personally Identifiable Information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. We currently do not have the ability to honor these requests. We may modify this Policy as our abilities change.
Effective May 2018
Collection and Use of Information
While you are visiting our web site or using our software, we may collect and use different types of information about you. This information is used only for fast and efficient rendering of our products and services to our customers. In addition, we may use your personal information to provide you with important information about the product or service that you are using, including critical updates and notifications.
Let us clarify the exact meaning of “Personally Identifiable Information” and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information”.
“Personal Data” or “Personally Identifiable Information/Data” (PII) is any data that could potentially identify a specific individual. Any information that can be used to distinguish one person from another can be considered as PII.
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information/Data”, also known as “de-identified” (de-identified data is information that does not actually identify an individual) or “anonymized”, is any information that may correspond to a specific person, account, or profile, but is not sufficient to identify, contact, or locate the person to whom such information pertains. This type of information is frequently used for research, statistical, or aggregation purposes.
Personal Information We Collect
We gather the following data from our customers:
Information Provided by You
You will be required to provide your Personal Information at our website or in any other way.
This information is:
- Login and password;
- Contact details (such as email address);
- Communication with MacKeeper Support (via emails, chats or calls).
You can create a MacKeeper account using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with an option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form.
Information Provided by You will be used only for:
- Creation of an account;
- Customer support CRM system;
- Email communications (read more in the "Email Communications below in this policy);
- Providing customer support and responding to customer requests;
- Resolving disputes and protecting our rights, enforcing our policies, and complying with laws.
This data enables fast and efficient rendering of our products and services to our customers. In addition, it is used for communication purposes, such as notifying you about product updates or special offers.
User information is not complemented by information from other sources.
Once you purchase our software, the information collected by our software is linked to your personal information and can be used to handle any technical, product, or customer support requests that you may send to us.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition to information you enter yourself, we may collect some information automatically for optimizing your experience when using our product and improving the product itself, including:
- Device information;
- User configuration information;
- IP addresses;
- Browser information.
This data is used for the following purposes:
- Finding out how many people visit our website and how frequently;
- Learning how many people use our products and services;
- Finding out which products and services are used more frequently than others;
- Collecting some other statistical information.
Collecting Information from Children
Company’s website or services are not directed to children. We may not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 16 years of age.
If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access our product and services at any time or in any manner. Company reserves the right to delete this information if it learns that Personally Identifiable Information of children under the age of 16 has been collected on the services without parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 16 has obtained an account on our services, then you may contact our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to delete that child’s personal information.
Information collected via ZoomSupport:
- Audio and/or video recording of a call/session;
- Static images of your screen, which may be captured during the session only;
- Chat correspondence;
- Telephone number (in case of a call);
- Your personal email;
- Full name;
- Mailing address;
- Password to system (in case of remote fixes);
- Information about your device, services and software you used.
Collected information is used for:
- Providing you with remote assistance and other services (learn more about “Remote Access” below in this document);
- Delivering or installing some programs or assistance tools and software;
- Analyzing how people use our services, how frequently, which kind of assistance they need, etc. to keep internal analytics;
- Communication purposes, such as notifying you about product updates or special offers (with your opt-in consent);
- Personalizing communications with you.
During the fix session, an Agent may install ZoomSupport “ZoomDiagnostics” on your computer. It is a diagnostic tool that analyzes your computer, gathers basic information about the system properties and settings, and displays it in a comprehensible manner.
This tool can also detect some problems on your computer while working in the background. For example, if something is wrong with the computer system, installed applications, or the memory is full, you may see some notifications with appropriate advice and instructions related to your situation.
We do not collect any Personal Information through this tool. We may collect such information as:
- OS version;
- ZD version;
- Computer type;
- Computer name;
ZoomSupport “Remote Access”
ZoomSupport “Remote Assistance" offers remote access service to assist us in diagnosing and resolving technical and system issues that appear on your computer. To perform a remote connection, our Agent must receive your prior explicit consent to do so. Explicit consent — also known as express or direct consent — means that an individual is clearly presented with an option to agree or disagree with the collection, use, or disclosure of Personal Information and unambiguously signals his or her agreement.
Additionally, you can terminate the connection at any time. Our Agent will describe to you how to disconnect before the connection is launched.
The entire process allows a “Remote Assistance” Agent to access your device remotely to diagnose any conditions that may interfere with its performance, and either repair it or provide advice on what options are available to fix the issue. By taking advantage of this service, you are giving permission to a “Remote Assistance" Agent to log in to your computer, which may contain your Personal Information, files, documents, etc.
We strongly recommend that you secure your sensitive files before our Agent connects to your computer remotely. Please do not leave these files on your desktop, as it is your responsibility to make your valuable information inaccessible to prevent any type of data loss or corruption. To make your files inaccessible to others, you can use built-in encryption tools on your computer.
Here you can find the step-by-step instructions on how to do so:
- Mac user - http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/encrypt-mac-folder/;
- Windows user - http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000705.htm.
In addition, we would like to inform you that even if you do not secure or encrypt your files and they are stored on your desktop, our Remote Assistance Agents will only search your computer in order to identify and correct any conditions on your computer that may hinder its performance and will attempt to limit their interaction with your files to a minimum.
Information collected via MacKeeper™:
Information about your Mac (Mac OS version, Mac’s model and serial numbers, MAC address, overall system information);
Information about your apps (e.g. versions, size, date of last update, etc.);
Results of Find & Fix scan.
Collected information is used for:
- Registration of the MacKeeper account;
- Proper functioning of MacKeeper™;
- Supplying you with a list of recommended fixes/software updates.
In case if you want to delete your MacKeeper account, you can do it at your MacKeeper Account settings (read more in the "Privacy Settings" section below in this policy).
"Camera Tracking" and "Microphone Tracking"
The Camera and Microphone Tracking feature is designed to detect the usage of camera and microphone (both built-in and external) by other applications on your device. This feature will help you detect unauthorized intrusion into your private life by unknown applications.
When you activate this feature, it will notify you that some application started to use your camera and/or microphone. You can allow your camera and microphone to be always used by applications that you believe are safe, so no notifications will be shown next time for these apps.
MacKeeper does not track and/or save any audio or video recordings, but it indicates the moment when the camera and/or microphone becomes activated by any application that is installed on your device.
Anti-Theft is one of security features of MacKeeper™. By default Anti-Theft is disabled. In case you enable Anti-Theft service it will automatically collect your computer's IP address and its geographical position every hour.
You can report your computer STOLEN or LOST on your MacKeeper account, in open Anti-Theft tab. Then it will collect IP address, track location, trace-route and make snapshots using the built-in iSight camera or any external camera every five minutes.
Automatically gathered data collected by the Anti-Theft service is completely anonymous. Therefore even if it is revealed to some third parties, this won’t affect your privacy.
You can choose to opt-in to some emails informing you about product features, news, updates, and special offers from us and our partners. You can manage your email communication preferences at your MacKeeper Account.
Please note that we will send you important administrative and transactional messages (e.g. purchase receipts) informing you about temporary or permanent changes to our product and services (e.g. account, security or compliance notifications or alerts).
Occasionally you will receive customer satisfaction surveys via email where you will be asked to provide us with your opinion and some additional personal information. It will be used solely by us for our internal usage to improve our products and services, overall, making your user experience better.
Information that is Collected and Provided by Third Parties:
Some of your Personal Information, such as your name, email address and other information (like the type of subscription you bought, it's price, etc.; please note that we don't collect information about your credit card number or other sensitive data), may be collected and provided to us by third parties, such as cleverbridge©, PayPro Global© and RevenueWire®.
To make your investigation easier, we would like to provide you with the links to third-party policies:
Please read all Privacy Policies that are listed above to make sure that you agree to all conditions; otherwise, do not purchase or use our service.
We may retain your Personal and/or non-Personal Data even after you stop using our services and your account becomes inactive in our system.
We retain this information to protect our Company in disputes and proceedings, to comply with legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, etc. In addition, if you would like to use our services again in the future, it is easier for us to perform remote assistance when we already know the specifics of your computer and how we have helped you before.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact our Customer Support at email@example.com.
We may occasionally hire other companies, consultants and contractors to provide limited services on our behalf. We will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service.
They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. To ensure this, we use standard contract clauses, rely on the European Commission's adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable when transferring data to other countries. For example, we may share your non-identifiable information in the event of business transfer, if it will be required by law etc.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your information (identifiable or non identifiable) in the event of:
- Affiliates: In some cases we may closely cooperate with some companies and/or businesses, and may require your Personal Information for various transactions with these partners.
- Agents: We may employ other companies to act as intermediate parties for us; therefore, we may share our customers’ private information with them. These agents will not use your information for purposes other than assisting us.
- Business Transfers: Customer information belongs to the Company’s business assets. Therefore when the Company becomes owned by a third party as the result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or bankruptcy, customer information is passed to this third party as well.
- Protection of the Company and Others: It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities and institutions to disclose your Personal Information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
- We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users.
- With Your Consent: You will be informed about other possible cases of sharing your Personal Information, and will have the right to prevent this.
We do not sell, rent, or trade your Personal Information to anyone.
Through the use of “cookies” and other technologies, we may collect data in order to, among other things, make it easier to navigate our Site and to optimize the user experience across multiple devices.
This data may include, but is not limited to the following:
- The website that referred you to us;
- The web pages you viewed on our site;
- The advertisements you viewed and clicked on at our site;
- Coupon activity including the types of coupons that you choose;
- Store your browser preferences such as language and currency;
- Display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit.
- The amount you paid when buying our products and services. This information is anonymized, so we don't know that was exactly you or someone else, we just know the total amount that we received. We need this information to keep internal statistics.
Kromtech fully respects your privacy and will use only the minimum personal data required to improve our products or services and personalize our recommendations. You can review and manage your privacy settings by contacting our Customer Support via email or via call to 1 (800) 804-5671 (for ZoomSupport Customers) or at your MacKeeper Account.
For example, you can:
- Update your account information;
- Choose to opt-in or opt-out of Kromtech marketing communications;
- Access data that has been collected about you by Kromtech;
- Restrict processing of your personal data;
- Deactivate your MacKeeper Account or delete the personal information associated with your account.
- Note: In this event you will no longer have access to the services associated with your account.
Security of your information is very important to us, and we do our best to secure your information. But remember that the Internet is not a secure environment, so we encourage you to be vigilant about protecting the confidentiality of your information.
We have implemented a number of security features throughout the site that are intended to help prevent the unauthorized release of or access to the user information we collect online.
As we described above, we collect different kinds of information. Specifically, it is Personally Identifiable Information and non-Personally Identifiable Information. Each kind of information has its own appropriate level of protection. For example, there is no need to protect non-Personal Information with the highest level of security.
To protect your Personal Information, we restrict access to it to Company employees, contractors and agents who need it to perform their job duties. In addition, those who have access to Personal Information are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or have their contracts terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We protect your information by using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, no one can guarantee absolute protection of your Personal Data. You must also do your part in protecting the data, systems, networks, and services that you are using.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy policies of other websites and services that may be linked from our website.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us by contacting us here.
Changes To This Policy
As soon as such changes occur, we will inform you via email and/or via our website.