free for 1 monthTry Now
- 1Install MacKeeper
- 2Launch Antivirus
- 3Enable Real-time Protection
More than just an antivirus for Mac.
It’s the whole security package.
Get rid of adware
- detect suspicious apps lurking on your Mac
- remove them safely in a few clicks
- block any potential invaders automatically
Connect via a secure VPN
- browse totally anonymously
- protect your payment data on public Wi-Fi
- access location-restricted content
Block annoying ads
- wave goodbye to video ads and banners
- block site trackers from hunting for your data
- mute browser notification requests
Guard your privacy online
- monitor which of your passwords have leaked
- discover data breaches immediately
- get 24/7 support with fixing breaches
What real Mac users are sayingRead All Reviews
Your questions, answered.
Do you need virus protection on a Mac?
Mac viruses do exist. If you don’t want to infect your Mac accidentally when following links or downloading files, the best option is to use real-time protection. It blocks viruses before they even try executing a malicious code.
How is MacKeeper different from other antivirus software for macOS?
What MacKeeper has in common with the best antivirus software on the market is an excellent detection rate, certified by AV-TEST. The difference is a built-in privacy and cleaning toolset—you have to purchase this separately when using other Mac anti-malware apps.
What are the AV-TEST results for MacKeeper?
In December 2020, MacKeeper was proud to pass the AV-TEST independent expert certification. MacKeeper Antivirus has scored 6.0 out of 6.0—the highest in all 3 categories (Protection, Performance, Usability). In addition, MacKeeper has managed to detect 99.7% of the most widespread malware.
How do I run an on-demand scan?
1. Open MacKeeper
2. Select Antivirus from the left sidebar
3. Click Start Scan to check your Mac for viruses
To scan a specific file or folder, select Custom Scan.
Should I delete or quarantine located items?
We recommend deleting files detected by MacKeeper's Antivirus as they are potentially harmful. However, if you suspect that your personal file was falsely marked as harmful, try quarantining it to see if it affects any system processes. If it doesn’t and your system seems to work fine without it, you can delete the harmful file safely.
Will it slow down my Mac?
A regular virus scan should have zero effect on your Mac’s speed. In rare cases, real-time protection might slightly affect the system performance, and things can get worse if you’ve got several antiviruses running simultaneously. We recommend using one antivirus software with real-time protection in order to keep your Mac running smoothly.
- System Requirements: macOS 10.11 or later, 100 MB of space
- Software Version: 5.8, Dec, 2021
- Pricing: Starting at $10.95/month
- Developer: Clario Tech DMCC
*Notarization is not the App Review. The Apple notary service is an automated system that scans your software for malicious content.