Policies and Procedures
We’re committed to keeping your data secure, your private information private, and being transparent about our practices as a business.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file saved on your device when you visit a website. It allows the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, browser language, font size, and other display preferences) over time. This improves website performance and helps it load faster.
The cookies we use don’t contain any type of personal data. This means cookies don’t store your location, email address, or IP address.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a few different categories of cookies that we use, including:
Session and Persistent Cookies
- are temporary and expire once you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them. They help us recognize you as our current user, remember your preferences, and improve our website functionality. In addition, persistent cookies allow us to provide you with personalized advertisements and measure the effectiveness of our site functionality and advertising.
First and Third Party Cookies
- First-party cookies are set either by our mackeeper.com domain, or by our other domains or subdomains.
- are set by a party other than MacKeeper, like our business partners or service providers. They manage third-party cookies so we can neither access them nor control them.
We use first-party cookies every time you browse our official website mackeeper.com, the MacKeeper Account account.mackeeper.com, as well as our other web resources (including those for marketing purposes). The above-mentioned sources may also use third-party cookies, e.g. when signing up with Facebook.
1. Enabling website functionality
These are first-party cookies and they are strictly necessary for form submission, language detection, downloading, and purchasing software.
2. Analytics and customization
- Use your browser settings. There you can manage your cookie preferences or delete all the cookies stored. For step-by-step instructions, please visit aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies/.
- Use opt-out tools for interest-based advertisements. Some ads may include the AdChoices icon to opt out. You can also go to optout.aboutads.info or optout.networkadvertising.org to learn how to opt out of having your data used for interest-based advertising by Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) members.
- Use web analytics opt-out tools by Google, Yandex, VWO and Hotjar.
Get help from real people
Our support experts live and breathe everything Mac. Get professional assistance, whenever you need it.Start Chat
Let MacKeeper take care of your Mac while you’re catching rays and waves!
Be the real captain of your Mac—access your favorite content and ensure your online banking is safe with our VPN tool
Chill under the sun knowing your email is monitored for password leaks 24/7
Save space for your summer pics with our Safe Cleanup and Duplicates Finder tools