In this article you will find the following:
Want to learn how to move photos from iCloud to Mac? Follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app on your Mac.
- Select the photos you want to export.
- Go to File menu > Export.
- Select Export (number) Photos, where the number reflects the quantity selected
- Choose your preferred export settings.
- Click Export.
- Pick a location in Finder to save your files.
- Finally, click Export once more to initiate the download.
Imagine scrolling through your photo library, trying to find a particular picture, but all you encounter is chaos. There are duplicate photos everywhere, taking up precious storage space and making it difficult to find what you're looking for. This is a common frustration for many Mac users. In this guide, we’ll help you download and manage all your precious photos from iCloud onto your Apple laptop with ease.
Before we start:
Ready to dive into the process of downloading photos from iCloud to your Mac? One sec! Let's address a pressing issue—duplicate photos—first. Duplicates not only clutter your photo library but also make managing and organizing your pictures a real headache. The solution for Mac users is simple—MacKeeper’s Duplicates Finder. This handy tool will automatically find and remove duplicate photos, instantly decluttering your Apple device.
Let's explore how to use MacKeeper’s Duplicate Finder on your Mac device:
- Download MacKeeper on your Mac.
- Launch the app, choose Duplicates Finder from the sidebar, and click Start Scan.
- After the scan is completed, review the results and select the similar photos or screenshots that you want to delete.
- Then click Remove Selected to confirm and let MacKeeper tidy up your Mac.
How to manage iCloud photos on Mac
To manage your iCloud photos on your Mac and make it easier to download them:
- Open the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Click on your Apple ID account.
- In the sidebar, select iCloud, then click on Photos.
- Toggle the switch to Sync this Mac to enable iCloud photo syncing.
Hint from our experts:
In addition to managing your iCloud photos, you can further enhance your photo management experience with MacKeeper’s Duplicates Finder. The convenient tool offers several benefits for Mac users, including:
- Streamlined photo organization
- Enhanced storage management
- A user-friendly interface designed for Apple users
Ways to get photos from iCloud to Mac
Have you been looking for a simple way to transfer your photos from iCloud onto your Mac? If so, there are three different methods to save photos from iCloud onto your MacBook laptop with ease:
- How to move photos from iCloud to Mac using the Photos app
- How to transfer photos from iCloud to Mac with Safari
- How to download photos from iCloud to Mac with Shared Albums
1. How to move photos from iCloud to Mac using the Photos app
Use the Photos app to move photos from iCloud to Mac:
- Launch the Photos app on your Mac.
- In the top menu bar, click on Photos > Preferences.
- Click on iCloud tab > Download Originals to this Mac.
Your motivation to import photos from iCloud to Mac may stem from low iCloud storage. If so, our guide on how to manage iCloud storage on Mac can help you optimize your storage usage and minimize unnecessary clutter.
2. How to transfer photos from iCloud to Mac with Safari
Now, move images from iCloud onto Mac with Safari:
- Open Safari on your Mac and visit iCloud.com to log into your iCloud account.
- Once logged in, click on Photos, located on the iCloud homepage.
- In your iCloud photos library, select the photos you want to transfer to your Mac.
- Click the download icon that assembles a cloud with a downward-facing arrow to begin the download process.
If you encounter issues while transferring photos from iCloud to Mac, such as this Mac can't connect to iCloud, our troubleshooting guide will help you resolve it.
3. How to download photos from iCloud to Mac with Shared Albums
To download photos from iCloud onto your Mac with Shared Albums:
- Launch the web browser on your Mac and sign into your iCloud account.
- On the iCloud homepage, find and click on Shared Albums.
- Choose the shared album that has photos inside that you want to download.
- Click the download icon or right-click on a photo to begin the download process.
Streamlined iCloud Photo Management on your Mac
We've now explored various methods to help you download photos from iCloud to Mac, allowing you to choose the approach that suits you best. To further enhance your photo management experience, below are two valuable tips from MacKeeper’s experts.
First, regularly organize your iCloud photo library by creating separate albums or folders. Secondly, you might also want to consider storing large quantities of photos on an external hard drive. These practical tips can keep your images neatly categorized and make them easier to manage.
Additionally, don't forget to use MacKeeper's Duplicates Finder as a powerful tool to optimize your iCloud photo library. By eliminating duplicates, you can keep your library clutter-free and ensure easy accessibility to your cherished photos. With these tips in mind, you're well-equipped to enjoy efficient and organized photo management on your Mac—good luck.
Price starts at $10.95/month