Top questionsMacKeeper Activation MacKeeper Payment Smart Uninstaller Duplicates Finder Memory Cleaner Find & Fix MacKeeper Antivirus MacKeeper Adware Cleaner MacKeeper Account Settings How to remove MacKeeper ads System requirements Safe Cleanup MacKeeper refund VPN Private Connect MacKeeper StopAd Track My Mac MacKeeper StopAd Technology ID Theft Guard MacKeeper Data Encryptor Upgrade to the new MacKeeper Go back to an earlier version of MacKeeper MacKeeper Update Tracker Login Items Full Disk Access and Why MacKeeper Needs It
Go back to an earlier version of MacKeeper
- How to install an earlier version of MacKeeper in Google Chrome
- How to install an earlier version of MacKeeper in Safari
The first step to go back to an earlier version of MacKeeper is to uninstall the current version of MacKeeper.
- Uninstall your current version of MacKeeper.
- Contact MacKeeper support to install an earlier version of MacKeeper, as the older version is no longer available for download on our website. MacKeeper Customer Services will be able to send you a link to download the installation file for the older version of MacKeeper.
How to install an earlier version of MacKeeper in Google Chrome
- Step 1. In your Google Chrome browser, click on the link that MacKeeper support has sent you—a MacKeeper download will open in the bottom-left of the screen.
- Step 2. Then double-click on the MacKeeper.pkg or MacKeeper.dmg file in the center of the MacKeeper Installer screen to start the installation process.
- Step 3. Click on the Continue button in the bottom right-hand corner of the MacKeeper Installer screen to continue with the installation.
- Step 4. Click on the Install button in the bottom right-hand corner of the Install MacKeeper screen to install MacKeeper.
- Step 5. Enter your password, and then click on the Install Software button to authorize the installation.
- Step 6. Click on the Close button to close the Install MacKeeper screen and complete the installation.
- Step 7. When prompted to move the MacKeeper Installer to the Trash, click on the Move to Trash button.
How to install an earlier version of MacKeeper in Safari
- Step 1. In your Safari browser, click on the link that MacKeeper support has sent you—a download will appear in the top-right corner of the screen after clicking the Downloads icon with the '↓' symbol.
- Step 2. Alternatively, you can find the download in the Downloads folder in the Dock, located in the bottom corner of the screen. Click on the Downloads folder in the Dock, and you will see the MacKeeper.pkg or MacKeeper.dmg file.
- Step 3. Double-click on the MacKeeper.pkg or MacKeeper.dmg file and follow the instructions to install the new MacKeeper on your Mac.
If you have any questions about installation, please see the most popular questions about MacKeeper installation on our frequently asked questions in the Knowledge Base. Alternatively, you can contact MacKeeper support using your country’s phone number listed on the support section of our website.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed an older version of MacKeeper. If you would like to update to the newer version of MacKeeper in the future, please check out how to upgrade to the new version of MacKeeper in the Help Center.
The MacKeeper support team is very interested in hearing any of your feedback about any of our versions because we’re focused on not only helping our customers resolve their issues, but also on improving MacKeeper to be the best app possible. To share your thoughts, please contact us by email at email@example.com.