Top questionsMacKeeper Activation MacKeeper Payment Smart Uninstaller Duplicates Finder Memory Cleaner Find & Fix MacKeeper Antivirus MacKeeper Adware Cleaner MacKeeper Account Settings How to remove MacKeeper ads System requirements Safe Cleanup MacKeeper refund VPN Private Connect MacKeeper StopAd Track My Mac MacKeeper StopAd Technology ID Theft Guard MacKeeper Data Encryptor Upgrade to the new MacKeeper Go back to an earlier version of MacKeeper MacKeeper Update Tracker Login Items Full Disk Access and Why MacKeeper Needs It
MacKeeper Account Settings
- How to create your MacKeeper account
- How to log in to your MacKeeper account
- How to manage your account settings
Your MacKeeper account settings page is a powerful tool! It’s a place where you can manage your licenses, change subscriptions, update your billing information, manage personal data, monitor your Mac location reports, chat with an expert, and much more.
How to create your MacKeeper account
When you start using MacKeeper, you should create your MacKeeper account. You can create it by using either the MacKeeper app or the MacKeeper website.
How to sign up from the MacKeeper app
There are two ways to create your account using the MacKeeper app.
- Use the pop-up prompt after you run a MacKeeper scan for the first time
- Use the MacKeeper app preferences
You can sign up using the pop-up message when you open MacKeeper for the first time and click Start Scan. To create a MacKeeper account, just enter your email, select the checkbox, and follow the onscreen instructions.
To create a MacKeeper account using the MacKeeper app preferences, follow these steps.
- Step 1. Open the MacKeeper app
- Step 2. Click MacKeeper next to the Apple logo on your menu bar, and select Preferences
- Step 3. Select the Account tab
- Step 4. Click Sign Up
- Step 5. Enter the email address you would like to use for your MacKeeper login—if you would like to receive our exclusive offers and insider deals, select Yes; if you prefer to opt out from receiving these emails, select No
- Step 7. When you are done, click Create My Account
- Step 8. If you would like to connect your MacKeeper account to your Facebook account, click Connect with Facebook
- Step 9. Enter your Facebook credentials and click Log In
- Step 10. Your account will be created, and you will be automatically logged in
How to sign up from the MacKeeper account page
Alternatively, you may sign up directly from the MacKeeper account webpage.
- Step 1. Go to http://account.mackeeper.com
- Step 2. Click Create an Account
- Step 3. You will need to fill in all the fields
- Step 4. First, enter a valid email address—when you create your account, you will use this email address to do the following:
- activate your account
- log in to MacKeeper
- get messages related to MacKeeper, including notifications about your MacKeeperlicense, newsletters, special offers and deals, etc.
- Step 5. Enter your password—you will use it to log in to your MacKeeper account and MacKeeper app
- Step 6. Enter a password for your MacKeeper sign in once again to confirm
- Step 7. Select the I’m not a robot checkbox
- Step 8. Optionally, you can select the checkbox to receive news, tips, and special offers
- Step 10. When you are ready, click Create Account
- Step 11. You’ll be logged in to your account automatically, and a message informing you that the account was created successfully will pop up
How to log in to your MacKeeper account
- Enter the email and password you used to create your MacKeeper account
- If you would like to stay in the system even after you close the window, select the Remember me checkbox
- When you are done, click Log In
- If you prefer logging in with your Facebook account, click Log in With Facebook
- Enter your Facebook credentials and click Log In
- You’ll be logged in to your MacKeeper account, and your email will show up at the top right
What to do if you forgot your MacKeeper account password
If you forgot your MacKeeper password, don’t worry. You can easily reset it.
- Go to http://account.mackeeper.com, and click the Forgot password? link
- Enter your account email address, and click Recover Your Password
- You’ll see a notification confirming that an email will go to your inbox—close the message, and check your inbox (remember to check the Spam and Junk folders as well)
- In the email, click Reset My Password
- Enter your new MacKeeper password, confirm it, and click the Confirm button
What you can do with MacKeeper account
There are many helpful account management tools included in your MacKeeper account. Below are some of the most helpful functions that your MacKeeper account has.
- Option 1. Change your MacKeeper email and password, and update your billing information in Account Settings
- Option 2. Unsubscribe from MacKeeper newsletters, and change the settings dealing with your personal data in Privacy Settings
- Option 3. Manage your licenses under the My Licenses tab
- Option 4. Learn more information about other products from the Kromtech company, and get them under the Store tab
- Option 5.Turn on Track My Mac, report your Mac as stolen, view Mac location reports, and more under the Anti-Theft tab
- Option 6. Create a request for our yech experts to get help with tech issues—even if they aren’t related to MacKeeper
- Select Geek on Demand from the left sidebar, and click Create New Demand
- Select the corresponding problem area you have questions about
- Describe the issue in detail, and click Send Question—within 48 hours you will receive an email response with instructions
- Option 7. If you experience any difficulties with MacKeeper, start a Live Chat with the MacKeeper support team
- Click Start live chat
- Type your message, and hit Return or Enter on your keyboard to send the message
How to manage MacKeeper licenses
- Log in to your MacKeeper account, and select My Licenses from the left sidebar
- Hover your pointer over My Preferences to see the management options
Here you can transfer your license from one Mac to another, manage your subscription, watch MacKeeper tutorials, and get a free system checkup from a personal tech expert.
How to check your license status
On the license menu, you can check the following information:
- The name of the product
- The name of a Mac the license is assigned to—hover your pointer over the information circle to see the device type and serial number
- Your activation code
- The number of days left on the license
- The license status
Fully Protected status means your license is activated. Above you will see the device name where the license is activated.
Not Protected status means the license is not assigned to a Mac, you are not logged in to MacKeeper, or MacKeeper isn’t installed.
How to transfer (reassign) your MacKeeper license
Hover your pointer over the My Preferences button next to the license you would like to manage. An additional menu will show up.
If the license isn’t attached to a Mac, you will see the Assign option—to assign your license to a Mac:
- Click Assign
- You should see the list of all computers logged in to MacKeeper with your email address—select the Mac you would like to assign the license to and click Assign
- The license will attach to the selected Mac
- If your license is assigned to a Mac, you can unlink it or reassign to another Mac:
- To unlink your license, hover the pointer over the My Preferences menu and select Reassign
- Select Unlink license, and click Reassign
- To reassign your license to another Mac, select Reassign from My Preferences menu, select the Mac you would like to assign the license to, and click Reassign
How to manage your MacKeeper subscription
How to cancel your MacKeeper subscription
- Step 1. Hover your pointer over My Preferences next to the subscription you would like to cancel, and click Manage your Subscription
- Step 2. Click Turn off your auto-renewal protection
- Step 3. Click Continue below Turn off auto-renewal
- Step 4. Click Turn OFF Auto-Renewal on the pop-up message
- Step 5. Confirm you would like to turn off the auto-renewal
- Step 6. You should see a pop-up confirmation that the auto-renewal was turned off as well as your license expiration date and a button to re-activate your subscription, if you cancelled by mistake
How to cancel the MacKeeper license auto-renewal
- Hover your pointer over My Preferences, and click Turn On Auto-Renewal
- Click Turn On Auto-Renewal
- You should see a confirmation notification saying the auto-renewal was turned back on with the date of the next charge
How to manage your account settings
In the account settings, you can change the email address and password for your MacKeeper account, manage your privacy settings as well as delete your MacKeeper account.
How to manage your MacKeeper account
To access your account settings, click your email address at the top-right, and select Account Settings
You can change your name, email, password, profile photo and billing details on this tab.
How to change your MacKeeper account email or password
- To change your MacKeeper account name, email, or password click Edit next to the field you would like to change.
- Make your changes and click Save
How to update your billing information
To update your billing information, select the license you would like to change the details for, and click Update Now.
How to manage your privacy settings
In the Privacy settings, you can manage your consents for use of personal data. We use your data to improve our products and personalize our recommendations for your needs.
- Click your email address in the top right, and select Privacy Settings
- Review your personal information, and make changes to your consents if needed.
- To download a copy of your Kromtech data, click the corresponding link
- Enter your MacKeeper account password, and click Request My Data Copy
- You will see the confirmation, and a copy of your data will be sent to your inbox within 48 hours
How to delete a MacKeeper account
You can easily remove or cancel a MacKeeper account.
- Click your email address at the top right, and select Account Settings
- Click Delete my account
- Enter your MacKeeper account password, and click Delete
You can also remove your account and all connected personal data at the same time.
This will remove all your data including your billing information and your MacKeeper account. If you had an active MacKeeper subscription, it would be cancelled, and you won’t be able to use your MacKeeper license anymore.
- Click your email address at the top right, and select Privacy Settings
- To remove your personal data from all our systems, scroll down to the very bottom of the page, and click Delete all my personal data
- Enter your MacKeeper account password, and select the checkbox for consent, then click Remove My Personal Data
The MacKeeper account settings page is essential to ensuring you have a great and seamless MacKeeper experience. Go to your settings to manage licenses, update your subscription, change billing information, manage personal data, check your Mac location reports, chat with an expert, and more.