In this article you will find the following:
- How to effortlessly uninstall Office 365 on Mac
- Step 1. Remove Office 365 with MacKeeper
- Delete Microsoft Office manually
- Step 1. Exclude Microsoft Office from Applications
- Step 2. Wipe out Microsoft Office files
- Step 3. Delete Microsoft Office from The Dock
- How to quickly uninstall Office 365 on Mac
- What’s the difference between Office 365 and other versions
- Closing up
Microsoft Office apps are vital for work, study, and everyday life. Although you may use Office 365 often, you might have no clue how to remove it from your Mac. It may be that Word keeps crashing every time you use it. In some cases, removing the software and reinstalling the latest version can fix bugs and other problems.
Whatever reason you have to remove Office 365, you can find the proper uninstallation processes below. In this article, we’ll guide you through the most efficient methods to completely uninstall Office 365 on your Mac.
BEFORE WE START
You might not know this, but every time you install apps, software, and files to your computer, they come with junk and hidden files even after you’ve removed them from your device.
To take full precaution, you should use effective and trustworthy software.
MacKeeper’s Smart Uninstaller removes all apps and junk files safely, leaving your Mac to run smoothly. You won’t have to worry about any leftovers causing your computer to slow down. Download it today, and you’ll have your first fix free.
MacKeeper works its magic almost instantly. Here’s how to use it:
- Download MacKeeper on your Mac
- Click Smart Uninstaller > Remove Selected to start removing any unwanted apps and files, plus many more
- Confirm your readiness to get rid of the redundancy by clicking Remove.
How to effortlessly uninstall Office 365 on Mac
Service files are created when you install a new application, but where it’s stored is completely down to the user, the app, specific macOS, etc. Due to this tendency, it’s hard to pinpoint exactly what files are stored on the user's Mac.
As this is the case, we advise you to use reliable third-party apps that will automatically remove apps along with their service files from your Mac.
Step 1. Remove Office 365 with MacKeeper
To uninstall Office 365 for Mac quickly and efficiently, continue with the step below. Here’s how to remove Office 365 with MacKeeper:
- Download MacKeeper
- Open it and select Smart Uninstaller
- Select Start Scan
- Select the Office 365 app you want to remove by clicking the box to the left of it
- Click Remove Selected to delete the application
- Select Remove.
Now your Office 365 app/s should be removed from your machine. If, for some reason, the process has failed, have a look at how to remove Microsoft Office manually.
Delete Microsoft Office manually
Mac’s version of Microsoft Office includes Word, Powerpoint, Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, and OneNote. Like every app, they’re divided into components and split into a binary file and numerous service files.
Step 1. Exclude Microsoft Office from Applications
Here’s how to delete Microsoft Office from Applications:
- Open Finder > Applications
- Press the Command button and click to select all Office 365 apps
- Press Ctrl + Select the chosen applications then click Move to Trash.
Step 2. Wipe out Microsoft Office files
In applications, you’ll find a list of all executable files. But annoyingly, service files can be located in secret folders on your drive. Thus, to fully remove Office 365 from your Mac, you’ll need to locate and delete the components to do so.
If you’re having issues running Office 365, it could be that you have temporary files that are causing your Mac to clutter and run poorly. Our team also recommends that you password protect your files for extra security.
Here’s how to delete Microsoft Office files:
- Close any Office 365 apps and ensure they aren’t active
- Click and enter Applications. Then one-by-one grab and drop Powerpoint, Word, etc into the trash
- Note that all unnecessary service files are often found in the secret library folder. To open this folder, select Go in the Finder Menu > click Go To Folder > and then type ~/Library in the box > Click Go
- In this folder, you must locate and then delete folders and files that are connected to Office 365. We’ve listed the directories for you to find those unneeded service files and folders. Check each directory below one step at a time:
- ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.ms
- ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.OfficeOsfWebHost
- ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office
- ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.microsoft.Office365ServiceV2
- ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.microsoft.errorreporting
- ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.microsoft.Excel
- ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.microsoft.Powerpoint
- ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.microsoft.onenote.mac
- ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.microsoft.Word
- Now go to the Trash and empty it to completely uninstall Office 365 on your Mac.
Step 3. Delete Microsoft Office from The Dock
Here’s how to delete Microsoft Office from the Dock:
- Locate any Office 365 apps that are located in your dock
- Press Ctrl and choose Options
- Select Remove from Dock.
How to quickly uninstall Office 365 on Mac
As you now know, there are two main ways to fully uninstall Microsoft Office—by third-party software or manually. It’s safe to say that the easiest and quickest way of removing Office 365 is by a third-party application, as the manual process takes time to carefully remove them.
An automatic uninstaller does the work for you, allowing your junk to be cleared properly and safely within moments. In turn, we suggest using MacKeeper for their highly reliable tools. You have your first fix free, so you don’t have to take any risks.
What’s the difference between Office 365 and other versions
It’s easy to be confused about the difference between Office 365 and the other versions. To clear it all up, Office 365 is a subscription-based service, whilst the other versions require you to purchase a one-time deal.
You can subscribe to Office 365 on a monthly or yearly basis. A huge benefit of the subscription is getting the latest updates throughout the plan. Your purchasing details are linked to your account so you can download Microsoft Office on up to five machines.
The one-time deals can only be set up on a fixed Mac or PC. Unfortunately, you won’t get any critical updates that will involve new features. However, you aren’t fixed to a time limit, and you'll have full lifetime access after buying the license.
Note: Removing Microsoft Office with MacKeeper will permanently delete all data relating to Office 365, so create a backup if you wish to use it again in the future.
Although it’s a pain to find out you can’t delete an app you want to, we’ve covered the recommended steps to take if you encounter this problem with Office 365. Sure, manually can take time to ensure it’s done correctly, but with the help of third-party uninstallers, this process isn’t anywhere near as tedious as it can be.
But, If you’re still having the same trouble uninstalling Microsoft Office 365 on your Mac, our qualified Mac tech expert will welcome you. To seek our help, use the support line MacKeeper provides you in Premium Services.